Welcome to Chabad of Oneonta – your child’s home away from home!
Here, at the Chabad of Oneonta, we pride ourselves on creating a “home away from home” for Jewish students at SUNY Oneonta and Hartwick Collage. Our home is always open to any student, no questions or judgments, welcoming them with the warmth of family. We strive to create meaningful relationships with a broad spectrum of students.
Through our diverse and dynamic programming, we offer everything from weekly Shabbat dinners to engaging Jewish educational opportunities. We strive to reach and touch every Jewish student and inspire a positive connection to Judaism and Israel through a 100 percent non-judgmental friendly environment.
Our mission is:
- To create a safe and warm environment for Jewish students to spend time with each other – we are their home away from home.
- To create an atmosphere of love and acceptance for every person regardless of background, affiliation or commitment. Void of all social pressures, we strive to embody the teaching of our sages that “every Jew is an only child to G-D”.
- To act as a liaison between the administration and the Jewish student body.
- To provide support for individual Jewish students in times of crisis and confusion.
- To enable and encourage Jewish observance on campus – Shabbat, holidays and other Mitzvot, and to provide a forum for discussion and education on Jewish life and learning.
We invite you to come and visit us and see first – hand the warmth and Jewish pride your child experiences at Chabad of Oneonta. We would be delighted for you to join us at one of our weekly Shabbat dinners. It’s an experience that will stay with you… forever.
We understand that as a parent, there can be many worrisome moments while your child is away at college. That’s why we want you to know that we’re here. Feel free to , introduce yourselves and let us know what’s on your mind. We’ll be glad to assist in any way possible.
Chabad of Onetona is 100% financially self-sufficient and receives no real outside funding from Chabad headquarters or elsewhere – we need your support to continue! Please and share our vision for a stronger and brighter Jewish future on campus.
Wishing you much Nachas from your family,
Rabbi Meir and Fraidy Rubashkin
P.S. We have to programs that we are especially proud of and ask that you take full advantage of them.
At Chabad our students’ joys are our own. Each Friday night we celebrate the birthdays of that week and present each student who is marking their birthday with a special, home baked cake (we send them a birthday card that week and let them know we have a cake waiting for them). o let us know of any upcoming birthdays, it’s never too early.
Chicken Soup Express
If your child is ever feeling under the weather or just needs a small “pick me up” please let us know so we can provide them with our “Chicken Soup Express” where we deliver some home made chicken soup and cheer right to their room.
to get the express going!
Palmer sought permission to wear shirts with messages supporting the http://justbuyessay.com presidential campaign of john edwards, as well as another shirt extolling free speech and the first amendment